Sunday, May 21, 2006

I miss this man and an agenda




Yep, that's my fun, crazy husband. Took this photo of him last week,on Mother's day. Having a blast in the ocean, playing with the kids, being the kind of dad that every dad should be. That I wish my dad had been. And he is gone till Friday. Believe me, he is SORELY missed. Every 10 minutes, Brendan must ask me where is daddy? Will he ba back soon? It kills me that he can't be with Paul right now. Alex doesn't really get it that Paul's gone for a little bit, but Brendan does. And he misses him. SOOOO much. And I miss him. I miss the cuddling at night, the help with the kids, the kisses, you know, I miss HIM. The essence of him. Never thought I would be one of THOSE wives. The wives who can't deal without their husbands for less then a day. But I guess I am. It's gonna be a long summer without him, that is for sure.

Speaking of summer, Sophia asked us what we our summer agenda is. Well mine is basically this:
Move to Maine
Unpack from the move to Maine
Send Paul off for 8 weeks for a deployment
Try to get the kids into all of their summer programs
Celebrate the boys' bday in July (15th and 16th respectively)
Hoping to have some of my friends stop by to keep my company and enjoy the coast of Maine
Having my family come up to spend some time with us
Hoping to at least go to Boston and NYC for a couple of days
Kids will be spending some time with their grandparents while Paul is gone,giving me a little bit of a break
Enjoying the coast of Maine
Going to the beach, hopefully almost daily!
AND maybe going to CHA Summer in Chicago.

I think that is about it, besides just normal stuff, ya know, being mom, doing errands, etc. ALl in all, a pretty packed summer!

5 Comments:

Blogger Karen (Cupcake) Carter said...

I have never heard of anyone being happy to move away from Hawaii, but I sure do hope Maine brings you endless joy and comfort again!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

hope your move to Maine is a safe and happy one. sounds like you have a packed summer ahead :)

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When my kids were younger, I used to call summertime, CAMP MOM because every day was filled with some fun and fab activity to keep them active and engaged. It sounds like your CAMP MOM will be filled with lots of busy things, moving being front and center. Do you think you will miss Hawaii?

2:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like your summer is already full! And BTW, I'm one of those wives, too--I'm okay with the fact that my husband works approximately 70 hours a week, EXCEPT for the week following a vacation, when I've had him all to myself. And then I miss him. :(

Good luck with your move.

xoxo,
Becca

3:09 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Hey...My b-day is July 16th!!
Sounds like a busy summer....Miane is a little closer to me...well closer than Hawaii!! :)

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home